Page 6 of 9
7. The Korean War of 1950-1953
After the World War II, Russia and America tried and succeeded to gain control over North Korea and, respectively, South Korea. North Korea invaded its southern neighbour on June 25, 1950 with the support of Russia and communist China from October 8, 1950. After the arrival of communists in China in October 1949, United States felt they have to help South Korea in the war in order to "prevent the communist regime in the north of the divided country from spreading to the south."
Initially North Korea conquered almost all South Korea, but then the South Koreans with the American help pushed back and even more advanced almost to China border. In 1953 the war ended with a ceasefire that restored the border near the 38th parallel and created the Korean Demilitarized Zone.
The relevant aspects are:
- transit Pluto (16-22 Leo during the war) in conjunction with natal Sun (22 Leo) of South Korea;
- Saturn transit (14 Virgo) conjunct North Korea natal Sun (16 Virgo);
- Neptune transit (15 Libra) conjunct natal Saturn (15 Libra) from United States chart;
- transit Uranus (5 Cancer) conjunct natal Jupiter (5 Cancer), square natal Mars (5 Libra) from US chart show surprises, aggressive foreign relations, war (especially because Jupiter governs the 1st house);
- when China entered the war, transit Pluto (19 Leo) was square Venus natal (19 Scorpio), conjunct Pluto natal (18 Leo).
Below is the natal chart of South Korea, raised for August 15, 1948, 12:00 JST, Seoul, South Korea: