Page 3 of 9
3. The Gulf War 1991
The Gulf war began on August 2, 1990, 2 a.m. with Iraq invading Kuwait and ended on February 28, 1991 with the victory of the coalition forces and liberation of Kuwait. The story behind the invasion was the bad economical position of Iraq after the Iran-Iraq war, and the unfulfilled expectation of Saddam Hussein to be supported by the Arab states, especially Kuwait, to rebuild Iraq. Using some border disputes on oil reserves, Saddam invaded Kuwait with the believe that this former colony of Iraq, with such a good strategic position, will provide power and money for his country.
The important aspects on Iraq natal chart are:
- transit Saturn (21 Capricorn) opposed natal Sun (21 Cancer) and square natal Mars (25 Aries), natal Jupiter (23 Libra)
- in the final part of the war the progressed Moon conjunct with natal Pluto to show the bad mood of Iraqi people
On the Saddam Hussein's natal chart we can see the important aspects which highlight the natal Jupiter-Pluto opposition:
- the solar eclipse on January 15, 1991 at 25 Capricorn fell on natal Jupiter (27 Capricorn), in opposition with natal Pluto (27 Cancer) to prevent the bad outcome of the war.
- transit Jupiter in conjunction with natal Pluto and opposition natal Jupiter when the war started
- transit Saturn in conjunction with natal Jupiter and opposition natal Pluto, a week before the war.
The aspects on the United States natal chart when they attacked Iraq on January 17, 1991 are:
- transit Sun, Saturn, NN in conjunction with natal Pluto at 28 Capricorn.
Below is the natal chart of United States, raised for July 4, 1776 NS, 17:10 EST, Philadelphia, USA: